• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

A Change For The Better

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
Flying from Italy to Louisville is always challenging. We fly USAirways (now merged with American) and their schedules sometimes had us arriving back in Louisville at midnight. A few times it was faster to fly from Rome To Philly, then to Washington DC and finally to Louisville, usually arriving around 9:30 p.m. It was a very long and exhausting day!

This year we're flying open jaws: into Rome but back out of London (Heathrow). Imagine my delight when I discovered that American had a flight that would get us back into Louisville by THREE in the afternoon! The 7:45 departure would be painful, but who sleeps well the night before a flight anyway?

Until today, when flight schedules changed, and we only had 60 minutes to clear Customs and immigration - in Chicago! I was told 80 minutes is minimum - and I wouldn't feel safe with one second less than 2 hours - maybe more - so the agent offered us an 11 o'clock departure, with a 7:15 p.m. arrival which is perfect! Get home,, take a shower, CRASH!

Anyway, for once the airline's change is even better than I'd booked, and we're 4 rows further forward on our transatlantic flight - and still on the right side of the plane. Hint: for long flights FROM Europe to the United States, the A-B (left as you face forward) side of the plane gets HOT! You have to keep your shade down the entire time, The right side of the plane is much more comfortable. On the flight TO Europe it doesn't matter which side you sit on - it'll be dark (and cold!) outside of the windows!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina