• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

A little disappointed with Capital One

ncp

10+ Posts
Husband and I are currently traveling and during a layover in Madrid he left his capital one card in a vending machine. We discovered it soon enough, blocked the card and when we decided it was indeed lost reported it so. We called them to see about getting a new card sent to us in italy and they cant get us a new card for 2-3 weeks! This amazes me, theyll only send a card to a US address. Another weird aspect of this was that once he cancelled the card and deleted it from his apple wallet that somehow triggered our atm cards to be locked. A phone call solved that problem but it could have been a real mess if i hadn’t had my own card with a different account. Ill be interested to see my cell phone bill too once we get back. Can’t quite believe that Capital One isn’t more helpful in these situations.

We called them to see about getting a new card sent to us in italy and they cant get us a new card for 2-3 weeks! This amazes me, theyll only send a card to a US address. Can’t quite believe that Capital One isn’t more helpful in these situations.
That might not be so unusual. In January we were leaving by car from Massachusetts to Florida on a Tuesday. Sunday afternoon I received a text that a $100 charge was made on my B of A card (I get a text every time a charge is made and the card is not present). So it was bogus and we had to cancel the card. They couldn't get a new card to us until sometime on Tuesday, but we were leaving in the morning. I asked them if they could send it to our hotel in Florida and they told me they could not do that.

Now I'm a Platinum Hornors customer at B of A which is their top rated customer, but they wouldn't do that for me. So I'm sure they wouldn't send me a card to Italy.

Whenever we travel I carry two credit cards and my wife carries two differnet credit cards, plus we each have a separate debit card. So if one us lost or had stolen or had to cancel a card, we would have no problem paying for expenses or getting cash from an ATM.

Fortunately with all our traveling, that has never happened.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis