• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Article: DIY Travel Hacks for Packing

Cameron

500+ Posts
These are great! I knew a few of these already.

I once slashed my thumb on my razor (plastic cover came off) when I unpacked in Cabo San Lucas. My thumb would not stop bleeding and the medics worked on it for hours. In fact, it bled for three days and my thumb was bandaged up for my son's wedding. So, the hack about putting a binder clip over the top of the razor--just do it!

Enjoy!
Cameron

Great ideas! Thanks Cameron! I may try a few of their tricks but I'm such as zip lock freak ~ everything goes in them ~ I don't think my shoes need a shower cap:D

Oh, Chris, I just saw your head-up about the comments; they're hysterical;)

I always put my shoes in a plastic grocery bag to keep the bottoms from touching clothes. But, I do have some of those freebie hotel shower caps around and those are less bulky.

The cotton in the compacts makes sense. I've had blush break before.

I've used contact cases for makeup for short trips (back in the days of business trips).

I would never refill a toothpaste tube!

I hoard makeup/skin care samples of products that I use. I can usually talk the Clinique folks into filling a sample bottle of my foundation for free.

BTW -- My last trip to Paris via Heathrow, they told me that I don't have to pack solid deodorant in the plastic ziplock bag. I didn't know that those bulky (even travel size) didn't have to go in the bag. That freed up space.

I like the soap pouch made from a face-cloth! And the shower-cap for your shoes beats using plastic shopping bags.

I use ziploc backs and lots of those Eagle Creek pakit cubes.

The comments are very funny. Thanks for mentioning that Chris - I would have missed them.

Great article. I had my shampoo leak a little on my last trip. Luckily I had them in a ziplock bag, but I lost a bit of my shampoo from the leak. I'll have to try the plastic wrap tip on my next trip. And I agree, some of those comments were funny.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina