• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Avignon and surrounds

Cameron

500+ Posts
Hi,

Public transportation -- There's a direct bus from Avignon Centre that takes about an hour to get to Aix-en-Provence. I don't see a train option that is less than 1 hour +/- 45 minutes with a change in Marseille based on searching Trainline, SNCF, RailEurope. Any other faster train options? I imagine a car service would be very pricey, but if you know of a reasonable one since this is for three people, please include a link.

If renting a car instead, I see good quotes from Sixt and I believe I've rented from them in the past. I've had an issue with Hertz one time when dropping the car at the Marseille Airport using EuropCar. EuropCar eventually got our refund, but I'd prefer to rent directly from a company now. Other recommendations?

In 2019, I based in Avignon and took the local train to Arles and Nîmes. The local train seems to also go to Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (for a day trip from Avignon). Is the train station central enough to be an easy walk to watermill location? I don't want to go on Sunday market day -- done that. I've also been on a day without a market when the village is visible, but can't remember what day of the week. Since the markets are Thursday and Sunday, are the streets clear on Friday, Saturday, or Monday?

Any recommendations for a hotel, for only one night, in Aix (we need to end up there after staying in Avignon)?

Thanks

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina