• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Bancomats and Pin #’s

vicogirl51

10+ Posts
Today I received my new debit card which now has a 6 digit pin. The previous card which just expired from the same bank worked perfectly fine at my Bancomat in Italy BUT only had a 4 number pin.
I’m worried it won’t work in Italy as I’m usually in a small town in the Bagni di Lucca area.
Anyone use a 6 digit pin at a bancomat ?

In 25 years traveling to Italy I've never seen a bancomat with 6 digits. Especially if you're in Bagni di Lucca area. Very off the beaten path. I'll check with someone I know there but you may want to open an account for travel that has just eh 4 digits.

Italian banks use 5 digit pins. We have Italian and US bank cards and use both the 4 digit (US) and 5 digit codes.

In 25 years traveling to Italy I've never seen a bancomat with 6 digits. Especially if you're in Bagni di Lucca area. Very off the beaten path. I'll check with someone I know there but you may want to open an account for travel that has just eh 4 digits.

I too have not seen a bancomat machine that has space for a 6 digit code.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina