• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Bonjour! ¡Ciao!

KMD

Hello all,

I’m Kate. My family and I are looking to plan a European vacation in late summer/early fall 2024. For two of us it will be the first time in Europe, for the others the first to return in a very long time. We are researching extensively as we prefer to relax and enjoy the country and participate with the local culture and economy as fully as possible. We are looking to make Provence France our “base” whilst there, but are hoping to travel to other regions and countries too, preferably as day trips. Has anyone done this? Which countries/regions are well suited as day trips from Provence/Luberon? I’ve already read so many helpful posts, and look forward to interacting and learning in the months to come. We cannot wait to share our own experiences when we return!

Thank You Much,
Kate

I saw another post and it inspired me! I speak very basic conversational french, but can read it fairly well, and am decent at navigation but have never driven in Europe obviously! Any tips about languages or driving would also be wholly appreciated. Hoping to be more prepared!

Welcome, Kate!
We had a great trip 4-5 years ago while being based in Marseille. Since we do not drive, we stayed in the Old Port, not too far from the train station, which allowed us to go on several day trips. From Marseille, you can easily reach Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Arles, Nimes and the unforgettable Les Baux-de-Provence. Also, we have not done this, but going eafrom Marseille, you're actually not that far from the Côte d'Azur (Cannes, Nice, etc.). I believe Cannes is roughly a 2.5 hour drive.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina