• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Bosnia - A European Gem

jobey

10+ Posts
If anybody gets the chance to visit Bosnia, I would recommend them to do so.

Mostar is a beautiful place and the train ride between Sarajevo and Mostar has some wonderful mountain views.

I second that!
I am currently living in the region.

You should check Southern Serbia and Montenegro out as well. The River Tara basin is a jewel of nature.

The Balkans are so rich in cultural diversity.
I would dare to say that Bosnia is a place where East meets the West, especially in terms of religion.
Also, don`t forget to try burek and Banjalucki cevap.

Yes. A beautiful region.

I have also visited Serbia and Montenegro. A shame that many of us have a blinkered view of the region that is nothing like the reality.

Ancient forests, beautiful blue rivers, and friendly people.

Most definitely!

It`s a shame most of the small rivers in Serbia and Montenegro are going to be destroyed by small hydro plants.

Have you been to Uvac lake?

Most definitely!

It`s a shame most of the small rivers in Serbia and Montenegro are going to be destroyed by small hydro plants.

Have you been to Uvac lake?

I didn't know that. Are they for renewable energy?

No, I have never been to Uvac.

Of all three, I'd recommend Montenegro the most. Kotor is quite a sight!

I'd also add Croatia to this list. Nature and culture are very similar, with the addition of cozy coastal towns and beautiful islands, if that's your thing.

Bosnia has some beautiful places, I was last year in Mostar, Neum, and Visegrad and it was soo nice. will go definitely again there.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina