• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Car Rental Question

BEERMAN

100+ Posts
I asked this on an old post, figured I’d try a new. We are renting a car in Verona and would like to pick up on a Sunday. We believe most locations close on Sunday, but we see airport locations show open on Sunday, is that good info? We would rent on Saturday if this is questionable. Thanks for any advice!

That's essentially true. On the Europcar site, some locations, including Verona city, show Closed on Sunday for their opening hours, but then say, with a check mark, "Pick up during closing hours," so it could potentially be arranged. For the trip that we just completed, a local garage (no big company affiliation) in the small town of Umbertide delivered a car to us at the peripheral train station of Perugia on a Sunday, which was a good logistical help for us. We consider local independent agencies if we can find good recommendations.

Thanks, we are still figuring it out. FYI, We did an off hours drop off once, after returning home we were contacted by the agency regarding “damages”. They sent pics of major front end damage, but fortunately I took several pics showing no such damage at time of drop off. They were satisfied with my pics luckily. I always feel awkward leaving a car without an employee checking it off

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis