• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Croatia CROATIA Dubrovnik - studio/small one bedroom apartments in town

Shannon

100+ Posts
I have stayed in all three of the apartments offered by Stijepo and Ivana - link here:
http://dubrovnikapartment-center.com/

Stays in 2012, 2013, and 2014

They offer one apartment inside the city walls, and two outside the city walls in the family home.

The apartment inside the city walls (Apartment Dubrovnik Center) is very cute and functional. It is at the ground level of a building towards the top of the walls. It is quite a hike to get up there and you will see (and hear) people huffing and puffing as they go by. Thankfully not that many tourists make it up that far.

The bed is very comfortable and the kitchen good for very basic meals. Wifi worked great. I was very comfortable here but now I always stay at the other apartments they offer.

The other two apartments, Lavanda and Old Port, are very small, impeccably clean, and nicely decorated with lots of comforting touches. They have very comfortable beds and the wifi works great. The teensy kitchens are mostly good for reheating things or making very simple dinners. Outside the apartments is a wonderful veranda where you can sit and have a wonderful view of Dubrovnik and the sea.

It is about a 5 minute (for me) or 10 minute (for slower walkers) walk to the Ploce gate which takes you into the old town. There are two supermarkets, a fab bakery, and a few restaurants between the apartments and the Ploce Gate.

The best thing about these apartments are the family who own and run them. Ivana, Stijepo and Stijepo's mom (I think it is Stijepo's, but could be Ivana's) are wonderful people. They answer emails quickly and if you need anything they are there (even at the apartment in the city walls, if you need something, I can assure you Stijepo will get it to you.)

My favorite now is apartment Lavanda. When I am there, it feels like I am in "my" home in Dubrovnik and that feels very good indeed.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina