• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

EU Entry/Exit System activation?

JMichael

100+ Posts
I'm seeing buzz on other forums regarding EES being activated in early October 2024. I understand this is different from the ETIAS launch scheduled for 2025. Anyone know if this can be handled completely online or if it will add extra time to clearing immigration?

Hi there,

Yes, the European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) is indeed planned for launch in 2025. As for the European Entry and Exit System (EES), it's expected to be activated in early October 2024. From what I've read, EES will primarily focus on enhancing border security by recording entries and exits of third-country nationals visiting the Schengen Area.

Regarding its impact on travel, EES aims to streamline the border crossing process. While specifics on whether it will add time to immigration clearance aren't fully clear yet, it's likely that EES will be integrated into existing procedures to improve efficiency. Hopefully, it'll be manageable online, similar to ETIAS.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis

Back