• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Accommodations Favorite Hotel in Capri?

Since there have been no replies, I'll say that we stayed at Il Girasole, high up in the Anacapri area. I'd put it in a modest but pleasant category; there was a big breakfast; after that you could mostly have a high-priced insalata caprese. It was a fairly long walk to the closest restaurant, and they offered a shuttle to and from the ferry, and to the recommended Il Cucciolo restaurant. (All this noting that non-residents can't bring cars to the island.) You can see what more I said in my Capri blog posts.

It's been about 10 years since I stayed in Anacapri but I loved this place: http://www.villasarahcapri.com/.
It was family owned and though I had to roll my suitcase up hill for quite a distance (no cars, small streets), it was worth it. The grounds were lovely, no noise pollution and my windows swung outward with a big sill so I could sit and look out at the vineyard. Good sized room and big bathroom, all tiled in typical Mediterranean white tile with blue accent tiles. I stayed three days and plenty of time explore the upper region of the island as well as the Villa San Michele.

My friends from Orvieto just opened their second jewelry shop in the lower part of Capri. It's called Orogami and if you stop in to say hello to Tiziana, she will give you big hugs and wonderful stories of how she creates her designs. She will also tell give you good guidance for food and sights.

Hey, Pauline, remember the Sorrento webcam we all used to watch? I just thought about it the other day and remembered what fun it was to watch and then talk about on ST.

When are you going to Capri, btw?

Ciao,
Cheryl
www.italianexcursion.com

Thanks for the responses but the day after I posted this, I changed my mind. We decided to just go to Positano - no stopover in Naples or Capri. Next time!

Hey, Pauline, remember the Sorrento webcam we all used to watch? I just thought about it the other day and remembered what fun it was to watch and then talk about on ST.

We were in Sorrento a year ago and I thought about that. I think they took that webcam down many years ago - but I did love watching it. I've never seen a webcam better than that one. I think it was because it was close to the street and you could really see people.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina