• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Final Payment Made - Hoping I Get Excited Soon!

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
I just made the final payment for our 2 week trip to Morocco, scheduled for mid-March. Currently passenger flights to/from Morocco are cancelled, but who knows what the situation will be in March? Hence my lack of enthusiasm. Anyone else having trouble getting excited about traveling this year? Usually I'm the one planning like crazy in January!

Currently passenger flights to/from Morocco are cancelled, but who knows what the situation will be in March?

Hi artnbarb - if it's any consolation, it looks that the rate at which the Omicron variant is spreading inside countries, is making bans on the entrance of foreign travellers to countries less and less relevant. At least that's what happened here in Israel - when the variant was just starting to spread in the world, international flights were closed down here almost completely. But from this week the decision is to re-open foreign travel to the vaccinated, to and from pretty much all countries (of course with necessary tests). This despite the forecast being that the peak of infection is still ahead here. I don't know what the situation is exactly in Morocco.

Anyone else having trouble getting excited about traveling this year?

If one loves travel enough, then I think that masks, vaccinations, tests and social distancing are small obstacles that shouldn't deter people from fulfilling their desires. In many ways, travel was never so easy. However, for me, personally, these things are not a price I'm willing to pay to travel to a foreign country.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina