• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

From the old Slow Travel Forum and now back

Welcome to the forums. I remember “Dogma” on SlowTrav but I’m not putting a person to the member name. Memory is failing me!

Stephanie and Greg Saunders, we live in Orange County CA.
Went to may slow travs get togethers. when u first started. Palma, Brad, Shannon and many. more
I think the first. one was in Santa Monica. No problem on the memory failing, have the same issue
Unfortunately I am now solo, my husband past away 3 1/2 years ago

So sorry about your husband. Are you doing solo travel now?

I think @Shannon had some of the early GTGs in San Diego. I remember the Santa Monica one I think! There was a good group of us. Nice to hear from someone from the early days!

Thank, it has been very tuff, I have not traveled abroad solo yet, Just stayed in the US
My trip to Torino Italy will be my first traveling alone but meeting. up with a friend. in Nice and then on to Torino
Yes Shannon hostsd afew in San Diego

Thank, it has been very tuff, I have not traveled abroad solo yet, Just stayed in the US
My trip to Torino Italy will be my first traveling alone but meeting. up with a friend. in Nice and then on to Torino
Yes Shannon hostsd afew in San Diego

Hello,
I’m not sure if I remember you Dogma but a special welcome from me. My husband died in 2018 and I agree “ it’s tuff”.
I’ve made a few trips to The Netherlands on my own and they went, mostly, well but I travelled to Switzerland on my own this summer and found that harder even though I met up with one of my sons for an afternoon.
It took me about 3 years to feel I could leave the uk for a holiday. For me The Netherlands worked better because I had a focus of art history & could submerge myself in that.
Good luck with your forthcoming trip.
Wendy

thanks Wendy, I hope it all goes well, my friend is well traveled and has lived abroad many places (mostly Spanish speaking) First time doing a home exchange!
Stephanie

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis