• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Fun activities

Lovie

It’s Lovie again. My husband and I enjoy travel experiences that are different than the norm, (i.e. cooking classes, enjoying a meal at a locals home, mixology class, etc.). Many of these experiences are not listed on the usual travel sites and are learned more by word of mouth. We will be based in Lucerne (but would be willing to travel by train). Are there other travelers who enjoy these types of experiences who can give me some recommendations? Thank you in advance.

I’ve spent a lot of time in Switzerland. You will find cheese making experiences where you go out to the alpine farm. There will be classes for local handicrafts. I recently saw a walking with llamas event in the area we stay in.

Have a look at the tourist site for your area.

Tourist offices in Switzerland are excellent. You can email and ask about activities available.

We've certainly enjoyed local festivals, and to a large degree, the smaller the better for a sense of engagement with others there.

Also, if you have hobby interests, linking up with people who love that hobby where you're visiting. e.g. mushroom hunting, walking, art classes etc.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis

Back