• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Northern Italy Getting a taxi, from Bellagio lakefront to hotel in Pescallo

HarveyK

10+ Posts
Does anyone know if there are taxis near the traghetto pier in Bellagio? I'll be coming from Malpensa to Varenna, than taking the boat or ferry to Bellagio. My hotel is over the hill in Pescallo and I'm carrying a 35 lb backpack full of art supplies, plus my luggage, and will be attending a painting workshop in Pescallo. I've also been told it's hard to call a taxi for such a local trip as the taxi services like more long distance trips.

Hello,
I do not think you will find taxis waiting in Bellagio at the pier but someone may know better.
There certainly wasn’t a taxi rank during any one of our numerous visits over the years but those years were not recent ones.
Can the workshop providers/ hotel help either by suggesting a taxi firm you can book ahead or organise transport themselves ?
( Sorry stating the obvious.)
Pescallo is just gorgeous but it’s much too far to walk heavily laden,I agree.
Wendy

Last edited:
Thank you, Wendy. I emailed the workshop provider and they offered to pick me up at the boat and I heartily accepted, as they gave me the same info you just did about taxis. They also said that if I called one they would not be too happy about a local pickup and drop-off as they normally expect a long distance fare.
This is my 3rd year at the workshop, which is given at the artist's house way on top of the hill, above Bellagio and Pescallo. I stay at the Hotel Ristorante la Pergola, right on the Lecco lakeside. The week-long walk up to the artist's house is my exercise and way of working off the pasta and pizza. Usually, my wife comes with me, and we book a ride from Malpens. She's flying to Milan with me, but training it down to Florence for a few days to meet up with some friends. I found it the €170 fare for one, a little hard to swallow, so I decided to take the train to Varenna and take the boat from there to Bellagio

Hello Harvey,
We, my late husband and I made the same journey as you from Florence to Bellagio by train & then boat a couple of times on one of our car free trips to Italy.
Thoroughly enjoyed using the train.
I thought you’d be staying at La Pergola. Lovely.
Have a marvellous trip.
Wendy

Thank you, Wendy. This will be our 20something time staying at la Pergola. The owners actually smile when we check in, now.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis