• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Provence Goult Provence 5 bedroom Villa

Fletch

100+ Posts
In September 2018 we rented this villa for a family holiday, which included myself and husband, 2 adult daughters, one partner and 2 grandchildren who were 8 and 5.
It was my significant birthday so we decided to splurge and rent a villa.
I
The photos on the website ( below) are very accurate as is the description of the rooms and surrounding area.
It is a 10 minute walk ( slightly uphill) to the village of Goult where they have cafes, restaurants, bakery , butchers and small supermarket.

We thought our daughter who still had work to do in Australia and America overnight would use the separate bedroom off the courtyard but it wasn’t offered and as there was a downstairs bedroom with a little study nearby she was self contained and didn’t have to worry about waking anyone so we didn’t ask about it.
The master bedroom was lovely with wardrobes and sets of drawers.
All the bedrooms had nice linen, and towels and their own bathrooms except for the family bedroom which shared a bathroom. The family bedroom had a large bed, and twin beds in a room attached.
Downstairs there was the a very large kitchen where we had many happy hours cooking our produce bought at the markets. It was a commercial style kitchen with 2 large ovens with cooktops. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed for the 7 of us, cooking utensils, platters, crockery and cutlery as well as a large amount of good quality glassware.
Next door to the kitchen there was a large, light, living room with comfortable couches and chairs. Beautifully decorated.
Amazingly, I saw a painting in the lounge room that looked familiar and on closer examination it was painted by an Australian artist in my hometown and I had a painting of his I had commissioned. Small world!
The laundry / storeroom came off the living area with beach towels and extra cushions for the outside furniture.

The weather was warm enough to sit outside to eat most days we were there, but on the cooler days the large round table in the kitchen was great to gather around.
Our routine was a walk to the bakery for our breakfast and lunch supplies, then with 2 cars we went our seperate ways some days, or followed each other to our destination other days.
We returned for an afternoon swim in the heated, very large swimming pool. It has an automated pool cover so the pool stayed warm and was operated by the press of a button.
The grandchildren spent hours there and the adults swam, lay in the shade of umbrellas, reading and keeping an eye on the children. Late afternoon was "happy hour" by the pool.

The garden was lovely and the grandchildren had a great time playing games in it. There is a pétanque area which was fun.
The night before we arrived the wild pigs had ploughed up the beautiful lawn, and returned a few nights later to finish the job! The gardener had quite a job to replant and bu I’ll a fence to keep them out. It didn’t detract from our experience but I felt bad for the owner who loved the lawn vista.

It was a wonderful time in a beautiful villa with the family and I recommend it for a special occasion or a large group of friends.
The owner, who lives in England was responsive to questions and the villa manager very helpful too.

https://www.theluberon.com/rentals/ls/goult/12/la-fontaine-de-faucon

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina