• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hello from California

Bob from Paso

My wife Susan and I are an active retired couple in our 70’s. We spend half our year in Paso Robles, CA on the central coast between SF and LA. The other half (summer/fall) we spend on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, just above the Hood Canal. We have traveled quite a bit in UK and Italy, plus Paris, and are planning a trip in early October to London, Paris, southern France (a first), Tuscany and Rome. I found this forum to get some helpful hints about the Dijon/Beaune area and Provence around the Avignon vicinity. Please see my post about that.

My wife Susan and I are an active retired couple in our 70’s. We spend half our year in Paso Robles, CA on the central coast between SF and LA. The other half (summer/fall) we spend on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, just above the Hood Canal. We have traveled quite a bit in UK and Italy, plus Paris, and are planning a trip in early October to London, Paris, southern France (a first), Tuscany and Rome. I found this forum to get some helpful hints about the Dijon/Beaune area and Provence around the Avignon vicinity. Please see my post about that.
Beaune, spent only a couple nights there 3 years ago, you'll love it!

We are also young people in our seventies and love to drive around in the quieter parts of France! We stayed a week in Uzes (before Covid) and it is a delightful village only 40 minutes from Avignon. In fact we may well return in October. It really ticks all the boxes and there are lots of villages/towns to visit within an easy day's drive. In my planning for this year, someone said 'just throw a dart at the map and go there, you'll love it!' I think it may be true. We have spent two weeks in the Dordogne Valley and 8 days in the Loire Valley and loved both.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina