• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hello from North Carolina

This is one of the things that makes me upset about the pandemic (besides the obvious). Many of the last of the baby boomers, like me, are retiring and hoping to do a lot of travel. Now everything is on hold for so many people.

I retired early (because my husband is older) and we did get in a lot of traveling In the past 10 years, but I figured we had another 10 of travel ahead of us. Maybe this will all be resolved next year. I hope so!

Hi everybody. I love travel and miss it terribly. I retired the end of last year with a calendar full of plans for 2020.
:( Hopefully soon. In the meantime, I read and dream.
Hello Cindy from NC. We live in Kentucky and had a lot of travel planned for this year which we had to cancel. I retired in 2015 and we've been on a few trips to Europe already but want to go on many more. I love the planning more than anything, but you can't beat the actual experience of being in Europe. Hopefully we can go on a trip to Italy and France next year. We're practicing our Italian and French on Duolingo every day. But you actually don't have to be fluent in the language to get by and be understood. It's just fun to try to speak to them in their language which I think they appreciate. (Or enjoy laughing at our attempt to speak it.)
Keep planning!
Georgia

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina