• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hello from Vaison la Romaine via Pittsburgh!

WheninProvence

Hi everyone,
My name is Rachel and my partner and I are new holiday home owners in the beautiful Provençal town of Vaison la Romaine. We've had the best time meeting new people around our region and introducing others to our little village!
We love meeting new expats and immersing ourselves in the Provençal culture.

Welcome @WheninProvence! We have fond memories of Provence after spending three weeks their many years ago in the tiny town of Apt and making day trips throughout the region! Congrats on the new home - will you be renting the place out as well, or just reserving it for your use?

Hello Rachel! We visited several times and stayed for a week in the medieval upper part of Vaison...and absolutely love it there! Enjoy!

There's been quite a bit written about Vaison la Romaine here over the past years. Here's a link to one of the longer threads that you might enjoy reading. We haven't been back to Provence but get to Paris enough that we might just take another drive down. Congrats on your "holiday home".

I love Vaison too. We spent a week in nearby Sarlat last year. Can you post a link to your rental? You can put it in your footer too so it appears when you post.

Hi. I love the area around Vaison La Romaine, especially beautiful villages like Séguret. I often stayed in the perched villages in the Luberon, and once in a while would drive to the overwhelming market of Vaison. We would have lunch in the tiny jewel of a village of Séguret and ask the patron to put all the meat and fish we had bought in his cold room.

A 45-minute drive south are the beautiful villages Venasque and Le Beausset.

Another place we lovedblooming is the area around Sault, which is a 45-minute drive from Vaison. In late June-July that area is filled with lavendar. We like to go to a "farm-rerstaurant", where everything served comes from the farm or neighboring farms. The cuisine is not highly sophisticated but the freshness is comparable. We are suckers for freshness. If you have children, that is an especially fun option, because it is casual, and children can roam the farm.

We stayed in Vaison several years ago and loved it. I can't remember why or how we chose to stay there, but I have a hunch it was this group, or the former group. Lovely visit in a beautiful area.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina