• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hello, I'm over from the slowtrav forum

Felicity

10+ Posts
That forum is dying a slow death since Pauline left........I live in the Cotswolds near Chipping Campden and am happy to answer questions on the area, although Pauline has that pretty well covered! I also spend a lot of time in Dublin and I used to live in London. I want to spend more time in Italy but our daughter lives in Bordeaux so our 'abroad' trips tend to veer in that direction although we escape to Austria to ski every February. We have stayed in Kitzbuehel about 20 times now! Our eldest son lives in the Edinburgh, middle one in London and our youngest in Singapore so I am hoping that is going to be a winter destination this year when I can get away. So many places to go, so little time.....

I am not happy that ST is slowing down but I am very happy to see ST people post here.

I think it is more difficult now to create and keep a forum community with all the social media options and Trip Advisor. When I started The ST forums in 2001, or was it 2000, ?, things were very different. AOL was the big travel forum but they fell apart and many of the Italy regulars came to ST. That was really how it got started.

Thanks for joining Felicity! We can always use more Cotswolds information! And many of us are France travelers, and would love to hear about the Bordeaux area.

Hi Felicity,
I stayed at your lovely place in The Cotswolds several years ago. I also received some good advice from you before our Oxford stay this past fall. Sadly I agree with you about ST. Pauline runs a good forum here. No spam. I agree that it is much harder to create and keep interesting forums. There are so many. But they all seem to serve a particular niche,

That would be great artnbarb and Pauline. I am here most of the summer except for 2-day trips to Dublin every few weeks to do changeovers there in my apartment and I am never available for fun on Saturdays as that is the day for changeovers of guests at my cottage. What dates are you in Chipping Campden? I am in Ilmington which is 41/2 miles away. There are some lovely walks from Ilmington although lately I never seem to have time to do much more than my standard 3-4 miles round the village via Pig Lane and the Foxcote Estate.

At the moment looking like I am only free on four of those days - either Monday 20th or Monday 27th or Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd. On Sundays I am usually just too tired to walk after Saturday's efforts (looking for an exhausted looking smiley...). Let's fix it nearer the time?

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina