• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Please. Stroud and surrounding area for New Year's Eve/Day?

kaf

Hi Everyone,
I would greatly appreciate your help! I have been to the Stroud and surrounding area a few times and am excited to be planning to return around New Year's. I have checked several of the local town websites for New Year's Eve Events, but I am not finding much. I don't expect and wouldn't want an event like the celebration in London, but does Stroud or any of the surrounding towns have an annual New Year's Eve event that the locals love, or do locals usually just celebrate in friends' homes? I have seen a few events listed on hotel websites, but I am assuming that only attracts travelers? I was also told that most of the local pubs sell tickets, so I am guessing that is a less touristy thing to do? On New Year's Day are most of the shops and restaurants closed in the area?

While I am on a roll with my questions:), are there any must see towns I've missed? I've been to: Bath, Bibury, Bourton on the Water, Broadway, Burford, Chalford/Chalford Hill, Chipping Campden, Cirencester, Frampton Mansell, Malmesbury, Minchinhampton, Nailsworth, Painswick, Stratford upon Avon, Stow on the Wold, Stroud, and Tetbury, I'd love your thoughts! Many thanks for your time.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina