• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help please!

Retired1

I’m in the midst of planning a road trip in Switzerland and Germany. We will be traveling mid April. How many days will I need in Geneva to see and do everything? We’d also like to travel along the Romantic Road in Germany. Please let me know things we should see and do in these areas. We plan on spending 3-4 weeks in both areas.
Thanks so much for any help you can give me!
Vicki

April is a bit early for the mountain towns in Switzerland. June to September are best. Can you go to low level areas first, then up into the mountains later?

Have you been to Switzerland and Germany before? What things do you like to do?

We go to Switzerland for 3 to 4 weeks every summer, but we go for hiking in the mountain towns. I love Switzerland. You can read my Trip Reports in the Trip Reports forum, but they are mostly about hiking.

We’ve been to Geneva but only for 2 nights. It has a nice small historic center (old town). I think 2 or 3 days there would be enough unless there are specific museums you want to see.

Be aware the Switzerland is expensive. Restaurant meals can be pricey.

Thanks Pauline,
No, we’ve never been to either area before this. April is the only time we are able to travel. I don’t care if we see snow or not, just seeing the mountain scenery will be enough. We are past our hiking days! We enjoy just driving and visiting the little towns....taking lots of pictures. We’re flying into Milan. So I thought of making out first two nights in Zermatt and riding the cog train. Since it will be our first visit, we will most likely stick to the the larger cities. I will plan three nights somewhere around Lake Geneva. Thanks for the helpful information.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina