• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hi from the Luberon, France 84

MaisonRose

10+ Posts
Pauline said I should introduce myself now that I have rejoined her adventure. I remember the days of Slow Travel and recognize some names here. Pauline & Steve knocked on my window last week and I was gobsmacked to finally meet them: It’s s been that long. We met later over to Cafe de la Poste and tried to catch-up on the intervening years. Quelle surprise!
Pauline did my housesforhire.com website way before there were gobs of vacation rental sites. But in 2005 I finally packed up after 20 years of rentals in Tuscany and Provence.
I fell in love with Europe from the moment I dragged a trunk across the cement at Cherbourg and boarded the Paris boat train. I’ll cherish my first coffee at the Gare St. Lazare..and 3 days later I lucked into a late opening with the DOD schools in Germany.
The rest is history..starting with Europe on $5 a Day (yes, more than a few of us are living to tip our hats to Arthur Frommer) and peaking in 2001 when we closed on our little house on the main square in Goult. My only regret is not doing it earlier! I love being here six months a year and then returning to Frederick, Md. to catch up with family & friends. I do something unique..I travel over and back on transatlantic repositioning cruises, a great way to deal with jet lag.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina