• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Image of Shanghai taken with ultra-high resolution

This is FASCINATING! Thanks, Joe. I've never been to Shanghai and these views are astounding. You're right...where is everybody? -Laura

You're right...where is everybody? -Laura

Well, they're not sitting around at the cafes...in fact, I couldn't find a single spot where people are just sitting in outdoor eating places. Strange, because it's a nice day(s) and people are in short sleeves. Not along the river, not near the parks, and not in the streets.
Another thing : so many roofs and not one solar panel, as far as I can tell...

I'd love to see the lens used to take this photo!

The lens, I believe, is the easy part. What I think is special about this photo is the stitching technology - there are no blurs or ghosts of the kind that appear when you photograph scenes like this over time.

For example, take a look at the following high resolution image of Prague. The photographer also describes how he took the shot (600 mm. lens), so that might interest you. This is "only" 1 gigapixel, as opposed to the Shanghai photo, but you can see that there are "ghosts" where people were moving.
https://boingboing.net/2018/11/28/i...dium=nextpost&utm_campaign=nextpostthumbnails

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina