• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Israel ISRAEL Haifa - 2bed/2bath apartment in Carmel Centre

Pauline

Forums Admin
Carmel Home Mount Seaview
Booked through booking.com, also on airbnb.com
2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
March 2018, 4 nights

This apartment is fabulous. It is on a side street with a bit of traffic, off the main road through Carmel Center. It is a 15 minute walk to the main shops, cafes and restaurants, but there is a very good fruit and vegetable shop and a cafe a block away.

The apartment is up one flight of stairs on the first floor of a low-rise apartment building. There is a parking space out front. Checkin and checkout were easy. We phoned Koby when we were an hour away and he was waiting for us when we arrived.

The apartment is gorgeous. The main room with kitchen, dining area and living room is large and bright. It is a beautiful kitchen (not kosher) with everything you need. Living room is very nice. The large balcony off the living room gets lots of sun and has a shaded area. You have a partial view of the sea! Bedroom is comfortable, bathrooms good. Koby arranged to make the apartment fragrance-free for us and even had the cleaners use a steam cleaner instead of cleaning products (we paid a bit extra for this).

From this apartment we drove out to Akko one day and to explore the Galilee area another day.

haifa-0702.jpg

haifa-0812.jpg

Last edited:
We stayed in this apartment again for 1 week in March 2019 and I still recommend it. It is a very comfortable apartment in a great location. This time I booked via Whatsapp with the manager (Koby) and got a better price. He met us at the apartment. For checkout he let us leave whenever we wanted (we left early afternoon).

The kitchen is well equipped, heat in the apartment works well and there is always hot water (you can leave the electric backup system on). This last point is important if you get some overcast days. In the apartment we rented in Jerusalem we did not always have hot water. The parking spot is very convenient. Once a workman parked in our spot and I phoned Koby and he had the guy out of there immediately. There is a little noise in the bedroom from the street, but not much and it is not a busy street. The balcony is large and useful, with a sliver of a view of the sea and nice views over the neighborhood. One thing that I really liked is the desk in the large living area where we could set up our travel computer.

On our first visit we were only there 4 nights. This time it was 7 nights and we got to appreciate the neighborhood more. The cafe a couple of blocks away (Two Sugars) is very good. The vegetable shop beside it is all you need for fruit and vegetables. There is a small, but good, natural foods shop a few blocks away. Lots of restaurants nearby. 10 minute walk to the top station of the Carmelit, the underground funicular that takes you to the other Haifa neighborhoods. Buses stop a few blocks from the apartment.

We even did a hike from the apartment down the wadi (valley) that it looks over.

Read my trip report - Four Weeks in Israel in March (2019) for more details.

haifa-5070.jpg

The silver car in the parking spot past the tree was where we parked. The apartment we rented was on the 2nd floor (Europe 1st) on the side of the building above our parked car.

haifa-5072.jpg

You can see one of the living room windows in this photo at the back, past the one with the air conditioners. Thinking back, I think the whole side of the building is the apartment so the window with the air conditioners is the bedroom and that closed in balcony in the front is the ensuite bathroom.

haifa-5077.jpg

Large terrace.

haifa-4958.jpg

Hiking down the wadi to the Haifa beach.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina