• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Israel ISRAEL Jerusalem - 2 bedroom apartment from Colony Suites (German Colony)

Pauline

Forums Admin
2 bedroom, plus a 3rd small bedroom with desk and sofa bed, 2 bathrooms (1 ensuite)
On the ground floor, no stairs. Building is 3 floors.
From Colony Suites - Hildesheimer Apartment
November 2019, 1 week
Listed as $230/night but if you rent by the week it is $1050 for the week (which makes in $150/night) and you get a 10% discount if you have rented from them before. You pay for the electricity that you use at the end of the stay but it is not that much.

We have rented from Colony Suites twice previously. Once in the 1bed/1bath Levant Apartment (my review). The other time in the Colony apartment which I did not review because I didn't really like it. It was in a good location but you could hear the noise from Rachel Imenu, a somewhat busy street. And the apartment was not very bright. Other than that it was well priced, comfortable and well equipped.

The agency is very good to deal with in booking and checkin/out. Someone meets you at the apartment and shows you how everything works. They also meet you at checkout. You can easily reach them by phone or text. When booking you pay a deposit by credit card, then pay the rest by credit card when you arrive.

I liked the Hildesheimer Apartment. It is about 700 square feet with white tile floors throughout. There is a large window in the living room which makes the apartment very bright. It looks out at a beautiful historic house across the street. The master bedroom is small and at the back with a small ensuite (shower). The other bedroom is at the front. There is a family bathroom with tub and shower overhead. Washer and dryer in that bathroom.

The kitchen is small with very little counterspace but has plenty of dishes and good pots and pans. 4 burner electric stove, full size fridge, microwave, oven. No dishwasher. Good hot water from solar hot water heater on the roof (typical here) and you can turn on the electrics to it if the day is cloudy. We always had hot water.

There is a bit of noise from the street, from cars going by, but it is one way and narrow so they don't go too fast. It did not bother me and I can really be bothered by traffic noise. There is a bit of noise from the upstairs apartment but not much.

The only yuck thing is the master bedroom window opens onto a corner of the neighbor's balcony but we kept the shutter closed. All the windows have electric shutters.

Great location on Azriel Hildesheimer Street, just a block off Emek Refaim, my favourite street in Jerusalem, in the German Colony. Shops, cafes, restaurants, bakeries, falafel all nearby. Bus stop nearby. There is parking with the apartment but it is first come basis. There is a large free lot a block away which is usually full during the day but possible to park in later in the day.

IMG_6895.JPG

Apartment building entrance to the right.

IMG_6897.JPG

Entrance into the building.

IMG_6900.JPG

Livingroom window above the parked cars. Window to left is second bedroom.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina