• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Italo Tickets - passenger names

Ana3

10+ Posts
PLEASE HELP! Do train tickets purchased from Italo have the names of the passengers on the tickets?
I've registered an account on the website and when I go to buy 2 tickets, the second passenger field will only accept my name. So when I check out, it has my name listed for both on both tickets. Has anyone had trouble with this? Do purchased tickets actually have passenger names on them?

It looks like the tickets are indeed on your name and non-transferable.
From the website :
  • Can someone else use my ticket?​

All Italo tickets are issued in the name of the passenger and cannot be transferred or used by anyone else in your name. Depending on the ticket tariff chosen, you may be able to change the name of the passenger prior to travel.
    Please note that our onboard staff may ask you to provide proof of identity.

It looks like the tickets are indeed on your name and non-transferable.
From the website :
  • Can someone else use my ticket?​

All Italo tickets are issued in the name of the passenger and cannot be transferred or used by anyone else in your name. Depending on the ticket tariff chosen, you may be able to change the name of the passenger prior to travel.
    Please note that our onboard staff may ask you to provide proof of identity.

Thank you, Joe!

I had the same problem in the spring when I tried to book 2 tickets on the Italo website. I registered on the website and chose the train. When I tried to do the purchase, my name would appear on both tickets. After a few more attempts, I logged out of my account and bought the tickets as a guest. I could then put 2 different names into the selection.

I had the same problem in the spring when I tried to book 2 tickets on the Italo website. I registered on the website and chose the train. When I tried to do the purchase, my name would appear on both tickets. After a few more attempts, I logged out of my account and bought the tickets as a guest. I could then put 2 different names into the selection.
It's good to hear that it worked. Thanks, I will give it a try. Also, as a guest, were you able to see your tickets on your phone on the App?

I booked the tickets on my home computer and had them sent to my email address. Then I either transferred the tickets to my phone or took a photograph of them with my phone. I also brought a paper copy. We used Italo for 4 journeys and were pleased with the train company.

I booked the tickets on my home computer and had them sent to my email address. Then I either transferred the tickets to my phone or took a photograph of them with my phone. I also brought a paper copy. We used Italo for 4 journeys and were pleased with the train company.
This is very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to answer me!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina