• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Lisbon for two days?

DonPolo

10+ Posts
I'm considering prolonging my journey for two days in Lisbon. At this stage I would be by myself. It seems a shame to go all the way from Australia, change planes in Lisbon and return without seeing the city. On the other hand perhaps I should return with friends. Any ideas?

I agree with your statement about traveling all the way from Australia and not seeing Lisbon. Being by yourself for two days wouldn’t be a deterrent IMO. There is way more than enough to fill your time and Lisbon has this lovely ambiance that I love.
Spend a bit of time researching the city. It’s also a pretty inexpensive place to spend a couple of days.

Lisbon is a great city. It would be a shame to miss it. We spent a month in Lisbon a few years ago and loved our time there. Go for it!

Thanks Kathrynj.

Jan, I think the relevant words for me in your reply are "We" and "our". I'm sure Lisbon, like a lot of cities, is very nice to visit, just not sure I would want to do it on my own.

I moved to Portugal solo and spent the first month in Lisbon before moving to Cascais. Being there for a month - and knowing no one - was fine. It’s very safe and it’s easy to sightsee alone.

Thanks I'll think about it although maybe I should just come back and do it properly. I have to be back in Australia by the evening of the 20th so I would be rushing things a bit.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina