• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Looking for things to do in Bordeaux

MarketGirl

A friend suggested Slow Europe would be a great site for information about travel in France. We are celebrating our 40th anniversary by going to some new places in France. We will be in Bordeaux on Sunday, June 30 and Monday, July 1, 2019. We will then be in Eugenie-les-bains on Tuesday and Wednesday, June 2 and 3. I tried to book a cooking class in a hotel on June 30 online, but somehow it didn't work out. Now I am concerned about finding other things to do in the area. Are there in-home dinners in Bordeaux? Other classes? (The school was not helpful. )
We will be with two other couples, so will take up space for 6!

You may be interested in reading this report on another forum.

I was interested to see you are going to Sainte Eugenie les Bains. We have not been there, but did watch an episode of Les Carnets de Julie on youtube which was centred in that area. I do not know if you have ever watched these. She travels to different areas in France and explores the food of the region. They are in French, but we still enjoy them. We take note of the villages she visits and look them up on the map. This episode was the Pays de Tursan. I think she spoke to Michel Guerard who has a Michelin restaurant in the area.

Bon voyage.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina