• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Looking for Tour Guides

jlf1

10+ Posts
Hello,

Since I rec'd so much help from this forum when trying to decide on our itinerary I'm now back once more looking for recommendations for tour guides in Bologna and Florence.

We plan to do some things on our own but want to mix that with local expert knowledge. Any help would be appreciated.

Our trip is Mat 2023.

Thanks all, Judy

I've no insight into tour guides, but as you're in Bologna, it might be worth looking at organised tours to Balsamic vinegar & Parmesan producers, and I daresay the excellent tourist office has listings for tour companies. For the former, the prices for the red, silver and gold (age) labelled products will be shockingly high... until you get the taste explosion from tasting them.

One other recco would be the climb up the one of le due torri that is open to the public. These days I believe you need to book, but I doubt there's much problem finding a slot. It's an energetic climb, but with places to stop as you go. The reward is an excellent view at the top, that armed with a map can really help you find your bearings.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina