• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Milan and Verona

ArdenMage

Heading to Verona for a month in the fall. Will spend a few days in Milan first. We have been to both places before and enjoyed a lively itinerary. Hoping to slow down this trip. Be intentional. We've seen a lot of the main attractions in Milan. Ideas for how to spend our time this time around? I'd love to do a wine tasting in Milan--not spend a half day to journey to a winery. Any ideas?

Probably the easiest wine tasting option would be finding an enoteca running one in Milan. This enoteca is a chain (I've encountered them in Torino), but the selection is decent, and it seemed lively for tasting / drinking when I went in. I've linked to their events page.

Others will also do organised tastings, perhaps advertised on their webpage, perhaps on facebook. In addition, most enoteche will have a range of wines open on any given day, so it's absolutely possible to go in and try different wines, and get chatting to the staff about the wines, especially when it's quieter, as they might appreciate being able to chat about the wines / wine in general. Indeed I recall one in Bologna saying that if we'd have a glass each of it, they'd open any bottle on the shelves.

I find google maps a good start point to identify nearby enoteche and start to separate the wine shops from the wine bars (though many are both, and a good number also serve very tasty food, often pleasingly less substantial than restaurants, making them a good way to eat out without eating big meal upon big meal)

Last edited:
Heading to Verona for a month in the fall. Will spend a few days in Milan first. We have been to both places before and enjoyed a lively itinerary. Hoping to slow down this trip. Be intentional. We've seen a lot of the main attractions in Milan. Ideas for how to spend our time this time around? I'd love to do a wine tasting in Milan--not spend a half day to journey to a winery. Any ideas?
I don’t know if you would be interested, but the synagogue in Milan is very interesting and has a fascinating tour.

we have been to Milan several times, but treat it as a quick stopover. We really need to get out and explore more than just the centre. We've never seen the canal district which I hear is very nice?! any info on that area to share?

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina