• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Panoramic trains

Lovie

Hello all - My husband and I would like to take a panoramic train ride one day while in Switzerland. Are there any trains with an audio guide to explain where you are and what you are looking at while riding? Any suggestions which route/line to take for the best experience? We are going to be based in Lucerne. It doesn’t have to be a route from Lucerne but we only have one day set aside to do this. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.

My Switzerland has a good list of the Panoramic Train Rides. Many of them are long and would require an overnight before going back. Maybe you can do part of a route then return via another route?

The Swiss Train site also has a list.

A friend recently did the Glacier Express, from Zermatt to St Moritz and she said it was beautiful but very long, sitting on the train for a whole day.

It looks like there is one from Lucerne to Interlaken that could easily be done in a day, under 2 hours, so you could go out and back and spend the day in Interlaken.

There are train passes that cover some of these trains.

I don’t know about commentary on these trains but I’ll ask my friend about it. I bet someone has put together some audio descriptions.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis

Back