• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2017 No. 23 - Bridge

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. 23 (Week of August 6) – Bridge

A Photo Hunt 2017 category is available on the Media Gallery.

I love the shopping variety we have while traveling. I enjoy the lively open markets and large shopping stores & centers to the local neighborhood stores to buy groceries.

Future Themes: If you have ideas for a future theme, feel free to share them HERE
Photo Hunt No. 24 (Week of August 13) – Sunset
Photo Hunt No. 25 (Week of August 20) – Green
Photo Hunt No. 26 (Week of August 27) – House(s)
Photo Hunt No. 27 (Week of September 3) – Art / Artisan

A very long and cool 13th century bridge in the small town of Hospital de Orbigo in Spain.

Sainte-Maxime, France

bridge.jpg

SMJ - love your shot. Here is one of the bridge in the shot from a different angle. I told my wife I really wanted to stay in the hotel on the right, (Dam Hotel) so I could start a trip report that saying we were staying in a dam hotel. Beautiful town!

DAMHotel.jpg

It is a lovely town! I also went to Volendam and Marken that day, on a roundtrip local bus ticket from Amsterdam.

We got stuck (how lucky) in Amsterdam during the Icelandic Volcano, Eyjafjallajökull. My wife, a couple co-workers, and I had a slow, and unplanned, week in my favorite city. It was so nice in that the museums were empty, and day trips were unrushed. We did hit the same outlying towns as you mentioned. The bus service is often overlooked in the land of trains and canals and is very reasonable.

I hope when you were in Volendam you went to their museum. They had the coolest rooms of murals that were totally done with cigar bands. Sounds crazy, but the walls shimmered and murals were so detailed.

cigarband.jpg

Oops, I forgot this thread is about bridges! Here is a shot a classic Dutch foot bridge in Marken. :D

Marken.jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina