• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo Hunt 2018 No. 42 - Something Fluffy

Kathy (Trekcapri)

100+ Posts
This week’s Photo Hunt No. Photo Hunt No. 42 – Something Fluffy

A Photo Hunt 2018 category is available on the Media Gallery.

Everyone’s photos reminds me of how fun and important it is to notice all things around me while traveling, even things sitting innocently on a table.

Upcoming Photo Hunt Themes:
Week of October 28, 2108 – Photo Hunt No. 43 – Something Odd/Unusual (I think we’ve all seen something a bit odd/unusual while traveling and felt compelled to photograph it. I thought it would be fun to share them.)
Week of November 4, 2018 – Photo Hunt No. 44 – Round/Circles

While driving around on the Isle of Sky, it was cool seeing specks of white along the green pastures and peaks. The sheep scattered along the hills reminded me of fluffy white cotton balls. I remember telling a server in a café how I thought the sheep are so cute. She responded with a “meh” and said they were annoying sometimes when they would block the roads. I can see how that might annoy some of the locals, but for a city girl like me I loved seeing them roam about. :)

LMuKUllqWpa5slBT9LCOZsiNCADrlvWX7R8f_rgTnJH4Ix79VbQGVIEd_Ogls11LfCE2gTSNzRFoA09Qjq8xTx8X0a_JF2FLhtoe9zbcdEjHlNAKo_7C4EdDpxSB-CuBu9AO41EVuAJV9TC94irv_g-xADZqlXoejleDJqtYFyxOyNN_e3SdIhyoeL1XxfmkGvBAAj0c5ly3FvP3-62g76nQ1r9cRUBnXuqvgBCz97-jmhMSEvqDOFOwhucAIFRAYHm3HFkQ7HJwpCBwm06w5C-pkMNku0Pad3ujcRtQnKJ-fW-WwZenL7JMZRukyhUULCSjNLLCjqoPTeoynAIih2iXTydaxC_dEedRXKWY-Ch60Ue3lexHUMV1GuWu5yIYBULSmfPb8fORDYfa6sAyi1vAaTkcK_b0zKLz46drkTP3IkvZSxVJc4EHXwsZ4naVB0DvSQuAi3LuAPds9teKxrQ54WVeEji6LdszFCAc-zTdfvOFJ-Qnwk6Thjc4eKGj0F6ZNQbScLOLKpWPgkgiF2JToqSbXp-J3NqEr4bKlOHX3H4nKgY6xqsojiTjxlUUteRgduNqXjV5UHLyWVxT6OOIjIoIIxZD6ZuZKV3ydLqxYFo4KLCeuTxpVdtV6TU=w1034-h1378-no

This fluffy tree flower found in the Caribbean is named Caliandra... which of course I google'd to find that is what it is called. When hiking on the trails on St John these radiant flowers which come in pink and red always makes me stop to admire.

puffBall.jpg

This is the Skytrail bridge over the South Saskatchewan River.
Screen shot 2018-10-22 at 11.03.20.png

Once a railway line it is now a pedestrian and cycle route. We were intrigued by a group of poeople peering down through the girders part way across the bridge who explained a pair of great horned owls had a nest on the girders below. We coukld just make out one very large and fluffy baby.
Screen shot 2018-10-22 at 10.55.06.png

Well...feathery/fluffy. Had to take this "squirrel-proof" bird feeder down, as the squirrels were dropping down from the roof above and swinging dementedly on it.

IMG_0334.JPG

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina