• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo of the Day - March 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauline

Forums Admin
I invite everyone to post one photo each day. The photo must have been taken in the last 24 hours. You don't have to do it every day, but I hope at least one of us does this each day. The idea is for us to share our regular lives and our travel with each other. Let's go!

Today was sunny and beautiful in Dorset, after several days of heavy cloud and rain. We walked 6 miles, including this part along the coast. We are on the cliffs near West Bay looking back to the caravans (mobile homes) at Freshwater.

IMG_0149.JPG

It's my first full day back in Bonnieux, and I'm sorry I don't have a prettier photo to post! (The weather was pretty awful until late afternoon.) But on my way to the wine coop and the SuperU in Coustellet, I stopped to take this photo of Bonnieux with the Grand Luberon in the clouds in the background and early flowering trees.
P1220411.JPG

I love this photo! The colors are more subdued than they would be later in the spring, but it's still beautiful.

Do you do supermarket shopping in Coustellet? Instead of Apt? Is it more convenient? (I'm thinking ahead to May...)

I love this photo! The colors are more subdued than they would be later in the spring, but it's still beautiful.

Do you do supermarket shopping in Coustellet? Instead of Apt? Is it more convenient? (I'm thinking ahead to May...)

I prefer the big Leclerc in Apt and love the route along the hillside that winds through the vineyards (continue on past the post office). But today I wanted to stop at the Cave Cooperative and just didn't feel like making the trip to Apt. The SuperU has expanded and it's actually quite good now. (Also from April until early December, it's open Sunday mornings because of the Sunday market in Coustellet.)

Coustellet is a little closer to Goult, but I like that big Leclerc too. I imagine that is the one we'll use. Sunday morning is a good thing to keep in mind though!

Good point. We're not all arriving together, but I think all of the others will be arriving sometime Saturday. I'll be there Friday night, staying at Kevin's, so I'll be able to do some of the stocking up earlier on Saturday.

This may not technically be according to the rules, since I didn't take this photo, which my daughter-in-law just texted me from Santa Fe (taken at her backyard bird feeder). But I thought it was such a great picture to put everyone in the mood for spring that I wanted to share it. (She's fine with that.)

robins.jpg

I read the rules to see if there was a ban on cat photos, but I found none, and it also says photos of our everyday lives are ok, so I'm hoping Zoe is welcome here.

This is her new scratcher/lounge/grooming and posing station/throne. Yesterday she was pleased to discover the sun has moved around enough so that she gets an afternoon sunbeam, her absolute favorite.

IMG_4035.JPG

We're in Pittsburgh this weekend, visiting our oldest son Dan. He and his girlfriend will be moving to Philly in a few months, so this will likely be our last trip to Pittsburgh, where both sons attended college. Today we spent time at the National Aviary, and took a walk along the top of the incline overlooking the city.

IMG_20170305_152215819.jpg

IMG_20170305_123956158.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This may not technically be according to the rules, since I didn't take this photo, which my daughter-in-law just texted me from Santa Fe (taken at her backyard bird feeder). But I thought it was such a great picture to put everyone in the mood for spring that I wanted to share it. (She's fine with that.)

View attachment 2845
I love this photo too @Roz Makes me smile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina