• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Provence Provence (Luberon), Goult, village house, 6 bedrooms

Chris

500+ Posts
Five friends (originally scheduled for 7) stayed in this terrific house in the village of Goult for three weeks in May of 2017. We found the house at http://www.theluberon.com/rentals/ls/goult/10/le-murier-de-goult
and rented it directly from the owner. http://www.theluberon.com/rentals/ls/goult/10/le-murier-de-goult

There was lots of room in the house. Each of the bedroom/bath combinations provided plenty of privacy, and the common areas around the pool and in the kitchen/dining rooms were spacious and comfortable. There were several sitting rooms, tv rooms, game rooms, offices, etc, and a beautiful big rooftop terrace that overlooked the Luberon Valley in one direction and Mont Ventoux in the other.

The kitchen was very large, easy for three or four of us to be preparing a meal together. It was very well-equipped, but as usual the knives were hopelessly dull.

There were many staircases, and I'm still not sure I believe the website that there were only three floors. Some rooms seemed to be up a half level from others. I never did really form a mental map of the house. After the first week I moved my stuff upstairs to a room just one floor below the roof terrace (my original room just off the kitchen and pool was a little stuffy), went downstairs and then couldn't find my room for a few hours until I noticed a little hallway that forked off from the hall to the terrace.

The housekeepers came twice a week, which was a luxury I'm not used to, but I liked it.

For several years, I've thought that Goult would be a wonderful village to stay in to enjoy the Luberon, and it was even better than I expected. It's not touristy at all, yet very conveniently located. I've always loved Cafe de la Poste, the big outdoor cafe on the main place, and this time we ate several lunches there (they don't serve dinner, just drinks in the evening, but you can order takeout pizza across the street, and the pizza guy will bring it to your table at the cafe.) We also tried the three other restaurants in town and especially liked La Bartavelle.

There's a weekly market, a boulangerie, butcher shop, and good small grocery store (Coustellet and Apt are close if you need a supermarket). Parking is easy in the main place.

After the first week I moved my stuff upstairs to a room just one floor below the roof terrace (my original room just off the kitchen and pool was a little stuffy), went downstairs and then couldn't find my room for a few hours until I noticed a little hallway that forked off from the hall to the terrace.

That's a big house!

We spent two weeks in Goult in 2004 and we really liked the town too.

I've walked by the door to this house dozens of times and never guessed anything so wonderful was behind it!

Five friends (originally scheduled for 7) stayed in this terrific house in the village of Goult for three weeks in May of 2017. We found the house at http://www.theluberon.com/rentals/ls/goult/10/le-murier-de-goult
and rented it directly from the owner. http://www.theluberon.com/rentals/ls/goult/10/le-murier-de-goult

There was lots of room in the house. Each of the bedroom/bath combinations provided plenty of privacy, and the common areas around the pool and in the kitchen/dining rooms were spacious and comfortable. There were several sitting rooms, tv rooms, game rooms, offices, etc, and a beautiful big rooftop terrace that overlooked the Luberon Valley in one direction and Mont Ventoux in the other.

The kitchen was very large, easy for three or four of us to be preparing a meal together. It was very well-equipped, but as usual the knives were hopelessly dull.

There were many staircases, and I'm still not sure I believe the website that there were only three floors. Some rooms seemed to be up a half level from others. I never did really form a mental map of the house. After the first week I moved my stuff upstairs to a room just one floor below the roof terrace (my original room just off the kitchen and pool was a little stuffy), went downstairs and then couldn't find my room for a few hours until I noticed a little hallway that forked off from the hall to the terrace.

The housekeepers came twice a week, which was a luxury I'm not used to, but I liked it.

For several years, I've thought that Goult would be a wonderful village to stay in to enjoy the Luberon, and it was even better than I expected. It's not touristy at all, yet very conveniently located. I've always loved Cafe de la Poste, the big outdoor cafe on the main place, and this time we ate several lunches there (they don't serve dinner, just drinks in the evening, but you can order takeout pizza across the street, and the pizza guy will bring it to your table at the cafe.) We also tried the three other restaurants in town and especially liked La Bartavelle.

There's a weekly market, a boulangerie, butcher shop, and good small grocery store (Coustellet and Apt are close if you need a supermarket). Parking is easy in the main place.

Bonjour Chris,
We are looking for a village house or a villa very close to a Luberon village. We would be 5 couples, for a 10-night stay. We are considering this house. I understand it is right in the village ? Have you stayed there since may 2017? I could not find any picture of the pool area at day light. Is it nice ? Would you have any other suggestion ? Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The house is right in the village. The only time I stayed there was in May 2017 (I don’t normally travel with a group large enough for a house like that.). The pool is fairly small and very private, surrounded on all four sides by the house. There’s a nice big shaded table at the kitchen end of the pool where we had most of our meals. The rooftop terrace was where we went for more of an outside feeling and the magnificent views. I really liked Goult. I’ve stayed in several Luberon villages and this was in my top 3.

This house could suit too.
We used the rooms in the house but not in the pool house so didn’t see inside. The family room has room for 4 in 2 rooms but really only suitable for a couple as you have to pass through a bedroom to get to the 2nd room.
The pool was very large with comfortable pool lounges around.
It’s a 10 minute walk into the village or a quick drive
The photos on the Luberon website are very accurate. It really is a great house and I would love to rent it with friends. Our stay was a family Birthday holiday.
The kitchen is beautifully stocked with most appliances , saucepans , good crockery and lots of nice glassware.
Here is our blog of our time there.
We love Goult and stayed in a small house for a week in 2009. It’s off the tourist trail but close to roads for travel in any direction for sightseeing. Writing about it makes me want to go back!
Jill

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina