• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Quiz 3 – Which Italian wine is made here?

Ian Sutton

1000+ Posts
Quiz 3 – Which Italian wine is made here?

Can you match this Italian town/village to the most famous wine associated with it. Click on the grey button when you want to check your answer. There aren’t any sneaky obscure answers, though the town/village isn’t always the most famous one in the region.

Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, but Rosso do Montepulciano and even vin santo are acceptable answers.

Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is confusingly NOT correct, as the grape is Montepulciano, the place (region) is Abruzzo.

Chianti.

Prosecco

Barolo

And the primary grape associated with the wine

a) Sangiovese

b) Glera

c) Sangiovese

d) Nebbiolo

But for me Barolo is when wine drinking gets serious. :)

:wacky: Oh Crap - What does that say about me :(

I will drink that!

Barolo.jpg

Photo taken at Marchesi di Barolo

I will drink that!

View attachment 3097
Photo taken at Marchesi di Barolo

... and I spy real grissini :)

I have made them at home and they are arguably one of the most therapeutic foods to prepare, transporting you back to rolling plasticine snakes in childhood. Real fun and the irregularity makes it that much more a personal effort.

However is that their Barbera d'Alba I spy in your glass, rather than Barolo? o_O

Sharp Eyes there Mr Ian :pompus:

BarAlba.JPG

We were there for a tour/tasting. We had 4 wines; A Dolcetto, Barbera d’Alba, and two of their Nebbiolo wines – one being a Barolo Riserva and the other Barbaresco.

As for the grissini - you can tell the picture was taken before the tasting. We tore those bad boys up. Not sure what was better - the wine or the grissinis

We did stay right outside of Alba at Villa la Favorita

I only got Conegliano correct....I went on a fabulous Prosecco tour; Conegliano is a lovely town. The entire Veneto area is gorgeous. Glera grapes everywhere.
IMG_3135.jpg

Must travel more. I haven't been to Conegliano or Castiglione Faletto and I missed those. I was correct on Montepulciano and Radda, but shouldn't the Radda answer been Chianti Classico?

Indeed, and I think we've flushed the wine enthusiasts out :cool:

Got all of them except Conegliano, probably because that's the only one of the four towns I haven't been to yet :D!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina