• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Accommodations Ravello and Capri B&Bs?

Penn251

100+ Posts
We are in full planning mode for next spring in Italy. Part of the trip will be a whirlwind to the Amalfi coast before slowing down to a long stretch in Le Marche. We will be just a few days each in Ravello and on Capri and are looking for B&B recommendations. Any and all thoughts are welcome.

I cannot highly enough recommend La Tagliata ( https://www.latagliata.com/ ). There are only 2 rooms and I would recommend the Botticella.

This is not located quite where you mentioned. Montepertuso is located above Positano.

Here is my Trip Advisor review -

NoSpin wrote a review May 2014
Weston, Massachusetts

Fun, Food and Family! The Best!
We spent a week here in late April and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the studio room La Botticella. La Tagliata is in Montepertuso which sits high above Positano, and the view from the apartment is spectacular. In fact even lying in bed at night you can see the lights of Positano.

Our primary concern with an apartment is the cleanliness, and this place was spotless. Not only the apartment, but every area of the property. The people here are constantly cleaning and maintaining the property. We were very pleased with the condition of the room, the quality of the bed sheets and linens, and all appliances were operable. The TV had a large selection of English speaking channels.

Fattoria Tagliata is the restaurant on the property which is open for lunch and dinner every day. They also serve breakfast to those staying at the two rooms on the property. I will review the restaurant separately, but I can tell you the breakfasts are nothing short of fabulous. At our request Vincenzo made omelets for us each morning. Basically you can get whatever you want and as much as you want.

If you are driving, as we were, there is about a 4 mile drive on a very narrow street to navigate to get there. It is not for the feint of heart! There is available street parking right at the place. There is an hourly (approximately) shuttle bus into Positano.

The owners live on the property. They are always available and are anxious to help you in any way they can. In fact they just can't do enough for you. Everything we requested was provided promptly and with a big smile. I'd like to say they treat you like family, but it's even better. Family makes you help out, here you don't do anything!

Friends of ours stayed in the other room, La Limonella. It is smaller than our room and can be just a little cramped. Also the from the room you do not have as good a view. I would advise La Botticella if it is available.

We give this B&B our highest recommendation.

Date of stay: April 2014Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Room Tip: La Botticella is larger and offers better views.

La Tagliata looks beautiful. But as you note, it’s not really where we are planning to be. Also, we will not have a car, so looking for something a bit closer in. Filing this one away for a different time. Thanks.

We stayed at Hotel La Tosca on Capri several years ago. It's a small family run place just a short walk from the Piazzetta. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but there are no TV's, but they do have Wifi. The owner was very helpful with tips and recommendations. There is an outdoor breakfast area where you will have an impressive view of the Faraglioni rocks - see picture below.

1627486556617.png

Ravello is beautiful and one of my favorite towns on the Amalfi Coast. I have not spent the night there but previously scouted out Hotel Parsifal for our return trip. Ravello is accessible by bus or car as there is no ferry service.

Last edited:
If an apartment would appeal, then local (Amalfi) travel agent L'altracostiera used to maintain a listing. That always felt like it was keeping the money in the community vs. expedia etc. listings. They didn't have Capri listings, but did cover a range of properties across the Amalfi Coast, including Ravello.

Thanks Ian. We will take a look, but we are there for only in Ravello short time so our thought was that a B&B would be preferable to an apartment. Easier to find for a short stay and easier to settle into and be gone from.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina