• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rental agencies in Umbria?

ellen

100+ Posts
In the age of Air BnB and vrbo, are there still agencies that manage and market vacation rental villas? Friends are looking for a place to rent in Umbria and I don't even have a starting point for them.

Summer in Italy has rentals all over Italy and is a good agency.

There is an agency that I’ve used that has rentals in Spoleto if they want that location.

There are still many large agencies and small ones. Many list on Airbnb but you can figure out who they are and contact them directly.

I have a list of agencies but haven’t updated it recently. It is the top post in the Italy vacation rental reviews forum.

There are reviews there too.

Thanks Pauline, I'll check that out. I'd forgotten that Summer In Italy had expanded outside of Campania, Marion and I had such a great experience with them when she won a stay in one of their houses from a Slow Travel contest.

I have stayed a couple times at properties that a couple (Norma is originally from Australia and her husband Laurie is originally from the UK) have on their website (https://www.umbriaholidayrentals.com). Their website is focused on properties (villas and apartments) in and around Spoleto (where they live). I had a great experience and can very much recommend them.

I'd second the recommendation of Norma and Laurie. We had a good experience years ago staying at one of their properties.

I have stayed a couple times at properties that a couple (Norma is originally from Australia and her husband Laurie is originally from the UK) have on their website (https://www.umbriaholidayrentals.com). Their website is focused on properties (villas and apartments) in and around Spoleto (where they live). I had a great experience and can very much recommend them.
That is the agency I mentioned but had forgotten their name. We had a nice apartment from them in Spoleto.

Another shout out for Norma and Laurie. We met them when they only had one place to rent in the tiny hilltown of San Mamiliano before the internet took off. We found them through a friend of a friend and have been friends with them now for over 20 years. They are wonderful and their rental offering has grown considerably in the 20 years we've known them. https://www.umbriaholidayrentals.com/. We are actually headed to Umbria again in October. Can't wait!

It is good even for us regular Italy travellers to know of rental agencies. We would also very highly recommend our friends, Andrew and Hugges, who have a spectacular place in Umbria. They have renovated the main house as well as the outbuilding into really wonderful apartments. It is near Spina, and a car is necessary.

I think they rent by the week, but I'm not up to date on their system. They are, however, wonderful people that their place is everything I wanted our house to be.

We have no financial interest in their business, but they are friends and we recommend Monticchio to our friends here.

https://www.casalemonticchio.com/

Summer in Italy, as Pauline mentioned, has a great selection in Umbria. And unlike booking sites like AirBnB or VRBO etc, they do NOT charge booking fees! That adds up to a lot of savings.
I've heard of Magic Umbria but as their site doesn't have online booking or prices listed, I've not followed up with them. (Another plus with Summer in Italy, everything is described, the prices and availability are online and clear to see, they have actual people you can contact for help, and easy online booking! We use them a LOT.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis

Back