• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rental in Florence

Sheila

We are going to be in Florence for 1 week next June. Looking to rent an apartment or hotel suite with a couch. We're particular and would like to have a place that is very clean, updated, centrally located but quiet. If we rent an apartment we'd like to be in touch with the owner, should we have questions or need suggestions for restaurants etc.
Thank you in advance for your help! We can't wait for our trip to Florence and Tuscany. It's been 15 years since our last trip.

P. S. I can't find any info for recent rentals in Florence. I haven't used this forum in many years--am I missing something?

P. S. I can't find any info for recent rentals in Florence. I haven't used this forum in many years--am I missing something?

Hi Sheila and welcome here!
Pauline has posted a resource with a list of vacation rental agencies in Italy, Florence included. You might also type "accommodation in Florence" in the search bar, which will bring relevant threads forward.
Remember, too, that there has been little travel these past two-three years, so not much new information. The forum has stayed rather small, but OTOH there is a nice sense of community and advice is good.

Thank you! I tried several searches and nothing came up. I used this forum exclusively, for my last trip to Italy. Everyone was so helpful! So looking forward to our trip next year. It's been much too long!
Thank you again!

I will move this to the Italy forum. This forum is where we collect reviews. I will search to see if we have reviews for Florence. You could also look at trip reports, in the Trip Reports forum, to see if people say where they stayed.

How many bedrooms/beds do you need? On our last stay in Florence, we stayed at a beautifully-decorated apartment in the Oltrarno, just steps away from Santo Spirito. The kitchen was small, so not suited for any major cooking, but we had so many restaurants lined up that we weren't planning to do any serious cooking. It's a one-bedroom, so really suited for a couple. If that meets your needs, let me know and I will find the information in my travel logs.

I'm renting Les Griffes House Air B&B in Florence Oct. 31-Nov. 10th. I'll report back when I return. but so far communication with the "super host" Monica has been stellar! I'm sure we are going to LOVE IT!!

Pokey

How many bedrooms/beds do you need? On our last stay in Florence, we stayed at a beautifully-decorated apartment in the Oltrarno, just steps away from Santo Spirito. The kitchen was small, so not suited for any major cooking, but we had so many restaurants lined up that we weren't planning to do any serious cooking. It's a one-bedroom, so really suited for a couple. If that meets your needs, let me know and I will find the information in my travel logs.
Thank you! We need a one bedroom. Would love to see where you stayed.

I'm renting Les Griffes House Air B&B in Florence Oct. 31-Nov. 10th. I'll report back when I return. but so far communication with the "super host" Monica has been stellar! I'm sure we are going to LOVE IT!!

Pokey
Thanks! Have a wonderful time!

We are going to be in Florence for 1 week next June. Looking to rent an apartment or hotel suite with a couch. We're particular and would like to have a place that is very clean, updated, centrally located but quiet. If we rent an apartment we'd like to be in touch with the owner, should we have questions or need suggestions for restaurants etc.
Thank you in advance for your help! We can't wait for our trip to Florence and Tuscany. It's been 15 years since our last trip.

Hi Sheila,
(I am also named Shelagh....different spelling!)
I'm just back from Florence, and we had a lovely apartment for a week, with a couch and two easy chairs, about 7 minutes walk south from the SMN train station towards the river.

It's on AirBnB, and is called "Ubi's Home, La Casa di Papa, looking at the Dome"

It was the family home of the delightful woman who now owns it, and she is very proud to rent it out to people who will appreciate it.
She met us on arrival, and was very thorough at showing us everything in the apartment.
We loved meeting her, and she messaged a couple of times to make sure we were alright, and also to send us restaurant recommendations.
It was super clean, very secure, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and very spacious.
The furniture is a little old, but still comfy overall.
The patio has a wonderful view of the Duomo in the distance!
I will hopefully stay there again on my next visit.
The pictures on the site are accurate.

I have spent a bit of time in Firenze, and recommend the Oltrarno district. It's slower, has almost no tourists following a guide with an umbrella, and has some great bars and restaurants. There are weekly markets including a night market. There are some AirBnB's. a few hotels, and even a hostel on that side of the river.

Hi Lisa, My husband and I are thinking of staying in Florence for a about a month in April/May. This apt sounds perfect for us and I've read that we should stay in the Oltrarno district. If you still have the information on the apartment could you share it with me? Thank you very much. Mary

Thank you for the quick reply. I clicked on the link and the apartment looks lovely...so lovely it's naturally fully booked in April and May. I will continue to look but will save this link for the future. Thank you again for your help.

We stayed in this Oltrarno apartment in May of 2018 and found it very comfortable and serene. It's a one bedroom with a pullout couch in the living room. The location was great for us (middle aged couple with 17-yr-old son) - quiet as others have said and very close to the Boboli & Bardini gardens, a nice walk to the Centro Storico or to the Abbazia di San Miniato & the Piazzale Michelangelo. Easy communication with the host, as well as his parents who lived upstairs at the time - all very helpful.

I fantasize daily about staying there again!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/148158...share_id=717f5f7e-7b86-4bd7-993d-191324d6e490

I'm following this thread too because I'm looking for an apartment in Florence for an extended stay. I have reached out to a couple of the hosts. Thanks to all of you for the info.

Thank you for the quick reply. I clicked on the link and the apartment looks lovely...so lovely it's naturally fully booked in April and May. I will continue to look but will save this link for the future. Thank you again for your help.
www.pitcherflaccomio.com Suzanne the matriarch founded the business as a rental agency nearly 50 years ago. We met when she became my neighbor in Thailand. She comutes

There is NO Agency with a wider selection, price range and location. They rent for the rich and famous (Mel Gibson, Costner recently to college students doing a art semester abroad.
We rent regularly in Firenze (live in Italy but far south). Every single unit is exactly as described down to the shower curtain.
If you contact them by e mail subject line is Mary Hanson recommended you. I don't get a commission just my friends get to jump the line

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina