• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rome Rome: Grove Corner Dream

jan

100+ Posts
I have real mixed feeling about this place. Huge pro: the location, (on the corner of via Palermo and via Boschetto in Monti) is fantastic. You can walk anywhere in 20min or less, except the Vatican, which would take longer. Monti is a really nice urban neighborhood and a quieter area than the neighborhoods around the Pantheon etc. Other pros: The kitchen works fine and there is just enough equipment to cook a decent meal. It's mostly quite clean except for some of the dishes. The bed is really comfortable. The elevator works well. It's very secure--you need 3 keys to get in and out. Con: It's filled with cheap stuff--weird "art", hodge podge furniture and the shower sucks. if you don't care about the latter, the place would be a good choice, especially for its location and area calm. The owner Paola, is easy to reach and quick to respond. Overall, i think it's worth the money--under €800 for the week.
Here's the link on VRBO (but she has it on airbnb and homeaway too):
https://www.vrbo.com/1903663ha

Last edited by a moderator:
I have real mixed feeling about this place. Huge pro: the location, (on the corner of via Palermo and via Boschetto in Monti) is fantastic. You can walk anywhere in 20min or less, except the Vatican, which would take longer. Monti is a really nice urban neighborhood and a quieter area than the neighborhoods around the Pantheon etc. Other pros: The kitchen works fine and there is just enough equipment to cook a decent meal. It's mostly quite clean except for some of the dishes. The bed is really comfortable. The elevator works well. It's very secure--you need 3 keys to get in and out. Con: It's filled with cheap stuff--weird "art", hodge podge furniture and the shower sucks. if you don't care about the latter, the place would be a good choice, especially for its location and area calm. The owner Paola, is easy to reach and quick to respond. Overall, i think it's worth the money--under €800 for the week.
Here's the link on VRBO (but she has it on airbnb and homeaway too:
www.vrbo.com/1903663ha?utm_campaign=VRBO_TRV_RES_HASC_reservationaccept_PPB&utm_content=propid_text_o_lprop&utm_term=20170708&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email
I do love the Monti area too. Stayed there in 2017, 2018 and will likely book 2019 very soon but i will only be in Rome two days this summer en route home. Thanks for this review Jan.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina