• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Southern France Experts - HELP!

That looks better and is a lovely historic building. It is not far from the house we were in. There is a good bakery on the Main Street. We found a restaurant we liked, down to the Main Street, turn right. It is on your left. It had an odd name and was a bit of an old hippy place which we liked.

I'm leaning towards #0265 - the cost is €550 + €20 per person for linens. "It is an all season house with double glazing through-out, new (2014) glass fronted, wood burning fireplace insert with built in turbine/fan, plus all new wall mounted, high-efficiency electrical radiators in each room", so no worries if it's still chilly!

#0088 is appealing because of the price: €400 + €20 pp for linens. I was scared about parking, but it says it has it's own private parking spot. The kitchen looks small, but how much will I use it? The seating looks like it might be uncomfortable, what do you think?

0118, altho only €380/week (including linens!), it's out because the BR is upstairs and the bathroom is downstairs.....I don't want to kill myself in the middle of the night!

#0220 has a garage! and a terrace, but the TV area is up on a mezzanine level - I'm not sure how important that is. the cost for this one is €550 + €20pp for linens.

I'm close to deciding, and think I will go with 7 nights here, then 4 nights in the Lot, further south. No matter how long we stay in each area we'll still miss stuff and wish we had longer.

I think you'd enjoy staying in St. Cyprien and it's a good base for exploring the Dordogne. You will have plenty to do over seven days.

We did really like the house we rented there (Terme) and I'm sorry you didn't like it as much, Pauline! I guess it really was the time of year and how different aspects of a rental become more important. There were three of us most of the time and four for a few days. We were there in July and early August and used the living room mainly after dinner to watch the Olympics and use our laptops. And earlier in the day the living room was cool because it didn't get a lot of sun. We also liked the little terrace. But anyway...

Glad your trip seems to be coming together Barb!

Kathy

We've narrowed it down to these 2 - the cost is the same, and without know the location, I have very little to help me decide! I'm scouring the pics one more time.......the terrace on 0265 seems better - the one with # 0220 looks like it's sitting in an alleyway.......what else?

I'm leaning towards #0265 - the cost is €550 + €20 per person for linens. "It is an all season house with double glazing through-out, new (2014) glass fronted, wood burning fireplace insert with built in turbine/fan, plus all new wall mounted, high-efficiency electrical radiators in each room", so no worries if it's still chilly!

#0220 has a garage! and a terrace, but the TV area is up on a mezzanine level - I'm not sure how important that is. the cost for this one is €550 + €20pp for linens.

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina