• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy

Has anyone made the recipes from his show? We did the risotto with Grana Padano and beer. I would have passed this right by if I had only read the recipe but given his enjoyment ... well, we tried it and it was amazing.

I made this risotto again last night but I made (or would make now) a few changes to the recipe. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has made it and found the recipe to be somewhat "off".

First, the next time I will cut the amount of beer in half. Even after boiling it for a half hour to reduce the liquid I had twice as much as needed.

Second, I cut the vegetable broth by one third, using only two liters. The texture was excellent, if I'd added more broth it would have cooked longer to absorb it and been mushy.

Third, I substituted a cup of evaporated milk for the cup of whipping cream. The cheese sauce is plenty rich from all the cheese and the risotto is plenty rich on its own, plus the butter that is added at the end.

It's worth the work, and really isn't all that hard to make.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina