• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series Succession, season 3, episode 8 - Chiantishire

Pauline

Forums Admin
The latest episode of the hit HBO series “Succession” (on Sky Atlantic in the UK) takes place in Tuscany, but not in Chianti as the title would make you think. Here is my guess on the locations.

The wedding takes place at a villa south of Pienza, in the Val d’Orcia, because we see Monte Cetona in the background.

The bride/bridesmaids dinner takes place in the main piazza in Cortona. I recognised the stairs at the end of the piazza.

And the breakfast scene with Shiv and Tom is in Bagno . You can see the water pool in the town centre.

D30B2B85-C878-470B-AD27-B9E1473AD58A.png

Main piazza in Cortona.

AC1D0E88-49C1-4D6A-81C0-834735603106.png

Bagno Vignoni.

Does anyone have any other locations in this episode?

Looks like the next (last) episode is shot in Tuscany too! The article mentions Villa Cetinale in Sovicille and Le Foce near Pienza for the Villa scenes. Tuscany really looked beautiful in that episode.

Obviously some of you are enjoying this series, but I haven't started it yet because I had read that NONE of the characters had any redeeming values and it was just painful to watch! Any comments? I'm hoping someone will convince me to watch it because I'm finished with everything else on my list!

I think it is a good series. You are right that none of the characters are “good” but they are interesting IMO. And the plot is good. I’m looking forward to another season.

We just started a new HBO short series, Landscapers, with Olivia Coleman. Getting great reviews and the first episode was very good.

I just started watching the series a few weeks ago, so I'm trying not to read previous posts as I'm just in the last epi(esodes of Season One.
The acting is so wonderful, but the characters are so unredeemably (evil, slimy... pick your adjective). I think watching the show is bad for my soul. So I need to watch a few more episodes to see it that's true.

Well, I did watch the whole series...the acting is great, the characters are without exception horrible examples of our species. I'm a big fan of Italian scenery, but... it's almost as if the producer/writer/show runner whatever said.... "If I lure watchers in with the scenery, maybe they won't notice that the show can be soul destroying."

If you want a restorative, consider watching the Beatles documentary "Get Back". Yes, it's eight hours in three parts, but it's a very up experience. You can see clever people COOPERATING on a joint project. So unless you detest the Beatles, give in a try on Disney Plus. And the third episode is a total total delight. (Here in the US I did a month for $8.)

Well, I did watch the whole series...the acting is great, the characters are without exception horrible examples of our species. I'm a big fan of Italian scenery, but... it's almost as if the producer/writer/show runner whatever said.... "If I lure watchers in with the scenery, maybe they won't notice that the show can be soul destroying."

If you want a restorative, consider watching the Beatles documentary "Get Back". Yes, it's eight hours in three parts, but it's a very up experience. You can see clever people COOPERATING on a joint project. So unless you detest the Beatles, give in a try on Disney Plus. And the third episode is a total total delight. (Here in the US I did a month for $8.)
So far I've watched Get Back 3 times and plan to watch it at least one more time before canceling! I see and hear new things every time, the film is cleaned up beautifully, and watching the songs I know and love come to life is absolutely amazing! ❤️

The latest episode of the hit HBO series “Succession” (on Sky Atlantic in the UK) takes place in Tuscany, but not in Chianti as the title would make you think. Here is my guess on the locations.

The wedding takes place at a villa south of Pienza, in the Val d’Orcia, because we see Monte Cetona in the background.

The bride/bridesmaids dinner takes place in the main piazza in Cortona. I recognised the stairs at the end of the piazza.

And the breakfast scene with Shiv and Tom is in Bagno . You can see the water pool in the town centre.

View attachment 34271
Main piazza in Cortona.

View attachment 34272
Bagno Vignoni.

Does anyone have any other locations in this episode?
This is awesome. I love this show. Can't wait for season 4 and what happens to Tom & Shiv.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina