• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Northern Italy Suite, Lago Maggiore

cmd

10+ Posts
We spent three days at La Cucchetta. This is an agriturismo, offering suites and apartments. They raise race horses. La Cucchetta is conveniently located near Arona, but seems a world away. The landscape is very beautiful and one gets the sense of being in an enchanted place. we spent a lot of time enjoying and exploring the property. There are many horses wandering about to observe and greet. Waking up in the morning one sees the horses immediately outside the door, Truly a working farm. We chose La Cucchetta because we wanted a rural environment but still wanted to spend some time on the lake and also visit Stresa. Stresa is about a 30 min drive. Also there were many glowing reviews on TripAdvisor.
Now for the nitty-gritty.....the grounds and hospitality rate a 10. Truly an exceptional natural environment. There is also an excellent breakfast served in the beautifully decorated breakfast room. The suite itself was a disappointment. It is always nice to be pleasantly surprised when the accommodation chosen looks better than the photos, however that was not the case here. Not a disaster, just a mild disappointment. The suite, while very clean, had that tired look. The furniture should be replaced, and the space should be painted to brighten it. There is a large glass entry door with no screen, the only window also has no screen. Upon entering the suite one is immediately “hit” with a very strong fragrance. I do not know if this is used to cover the odor of damp or horses. Because there were no screens it was difficult to air out the space. I think anyone with allergies would find it impossible to stay here.
La Cucchetta has a lot going for it. I really wanted to give a positive review. I wish they would improve the suites, reduce the fragrance and install screens.
http://www.lacucchetta.it/?lang=en

Last edited:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina