• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Train travel in Spain

Howard

10+ Posts
Hi- I need to purchase train tickets from Madrid to Seville and from Granada back to Madrid. Will folks please tell me the best/easiest way to buy those tickets? Thanks. -Howard

Hello!!

I have traveled many times by train in Spain. The train network is fantastic, modern and punctual.

I personally recommend you to use a train search engine as there are different train companies. This way you can compare prices, schedules and find the option that suits you best.

I usually use www.thetrainline.com or www.omio.com.

I hope this info will be of help to you
Best regards and enjoy Spain!!!

I also use trainline. One small word of caution - they sometimes provide a coach (bus) option, which unless you pay attention to the word "coach" can seem like a train option. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of.

You have several options available. Here are a few methods you can use:

Online Booking: The most convenient way to purchase train tickets is through the official website of the national railway company, Renfe. Visit the Renfe website (www.renfe.com) and select your language preference (English is available). Enter your departure and arrival stations, date of travel, and desired class. You can then choose and book your tickets online using a credit or debit card.

Renfe Mobile App: Renfe also has a mobile application available for iOS and Android devices. You can download the app from the respective app stores and use it to search for train schedules, book tickets, and make payments.

Train Stations: If you prefer to purchase tickets in person, you can visit the train station. Go to the ticket counter and inform the staff about your desired destination, travel date, and class preference. They will provide you with the available options and issue your tickets.

Hello Rakeshjha!!! The last time I was in Spain I realized that they had liberalized the railroad system. Before there was only Renfe (the national railroad company), but now there are several operators. For this reason I think it is convenient to use a metasearch engine like omio or trainline to compare prices between the different operators.

renfe, avlo and iryo are the 3 main train companies in spain. you can search for tickets on their websites. they work quite well.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina