• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Transit Hotel Zurich Airport

PokeyMindy

100+ Posts
I had a 5 hour layover in Zurich (flying home to Boston). I thought I'd check out the Transit Hotel and I'm so happy that I did. I had originally reserved a "couch" which was in a big room with partitions separating each couch. My concern was what if I had to go to the bathroom, would my luggage, etc be safe? I asked Esther, the lovely hostess at the check in desk, about my other possibilities. (it was not busy there at all). She said I could have a private room for 3hours, it was about €40,00. I had a key so my things were safe when I had to walk across the hall to the SPOTLESS bathroom. While I didn't need to take a shower, they had 3 shower stalls, (private), body wash, shampoo. Towels were provided in the private room, which had the comfy bed, oh-so-heavenly down comforter, sink, pot for heating water for tea or coffee. Anyway, it was so nice to unwind, freshen up and prepare for my 8 hour flight back to Boston.

I HIGHLY recommend the Transit Hotel if you have a longish layover in Zurich.

It is located in Terminal B/D. I had to go through Passport check and the hotel was right there, so part of the airport. When I left for Terminal E, I did have to take the tram (which I love because the cows mooing and yodeling cracks me up). I had to pass through Security again but I was the ONLY person so it was quick quick quick!

I love Zurich airport and Swiss Air.
http://www.zurich-airport.com/passe...en/layover-and-lounges/transit-hotel-bedrooms

BedTransitHotelZurich.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina