• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Travel by bus in France?

Chris

500+ Posts
This is an interesting possibility. I just looked at it a little bit, but I can imagine that at times it would be a great way to travel, especially if you don't want to drive. Slow, but CHEAP!

Hi Chris,

Just recently, the government passed a "economic reform" law which amongst other things attempts to open up activities that have been, up to now, very regulated. One of the prime targets was inter-France bus travel. So now literally hundreds of businesses have sprung up offering trips between various French cities.

As they are just starting and competition is ferocious, the prices are insanely cheap. And from what I've seen on the news, the comfort level in many cases can be quite high (wifi included, for example). Still very much hit and miss, but as an alternative to the train or flying it is well worth looking into.

Only problem for the moment, is that the opening up of busline competition is limited to trips of 100+ km. Personally, wouldn't mind seeing a bit of competition on the Apt-Avignon bus route, but that is gonig to have to wait !

- Kevin

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina