• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Umbria Here We Come!

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
We leave on Wednesday for 3 weeks in Umbria, hopefully picking olives with friends and enjoying some great food and wine. Everyone is talking about how cold is it, so we've thrown in an extra sweater, and I switched to a roomier raincoat that will allow for a sweatshirt underneath. We'll spend a long weekend with @Giulia da Urbino , and are anxious to finally visit Urbino.

On Nov 2 we'll board a ship in Civitavecchia for a 2 week cruise back home, with stops in Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena, Malaga and Funchal. We're taking free walking tours and just wandering in these ports.

I feel rather unprepared, since we have no set itinerary or 'must-see' list, but I think this is the 'new' me. Everyone else travels without lists and notes and carefully thought out agendas and they seem to get a long just fine, so I'm giving it a go! If we're too cold we'll buy another sweatshirt and if we're too warm we'll buy a souvenir t-shirt!

The suitcases are packed - loaded up with gifts for friends on the way over, and they'll be packed even heavier on the way home. We'll come home with fresh olive oil, Parmesan cheese, wine, chocolate and who knows what else? It's been over a year since we've been to Italy and I am more than ready to go back. Once we get back the election will be over - thank god! and I'll be ready to start planning for 2017.

I had always been a "clipboard and whistle" person because I love doing the research, but traveling with my sister recently on standby gives a whole new meaning to looser traveling. The weather in Sorrento was a little rainy at times, but the temperature was in the perfect 70's. Have fun.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis