• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Vacation Rental Reviews

Were they from Airbnb, Shannon? I know they are having some trouble with legalities in various places --including Napa.

Topping this to remind us all to post vacation rental reviews on the forums. I set up special forums at the bottom of our forum list.

@Sandrac - if you have time, could you write a review of Letizia's apartment (Alla Madonna del Piatto Apartment)? It can be short - I just want to remind people that she now has an apartment. We visited her B&B and loved her and the location.

@Valerie - if you have time, could you write a review of Giulia's apartment (Valle Nuova Apartments)? We are staying there in September and I will be able to add a review then.

I will review the apartment we were in recently in Ostuni. And I have a couple of Cotswolds vacation rentals to recommend.

It will be nice to have a list of good places for us to go to first when we start searching.

I love vacation rental reviews by people who have stayed in a particular place. In fact, I've been looking for your ones on the last 2 places you stayed. That and trip reports are my fave parts. I know you are leaning towards day trips but I hope you keep reviews.
I don't read agency reviews or anything that seems like advertising.
I like recent reports. A lot on ST are 10 plus years old. Frankly that's pretty useless. Homeaway etc are ok but not as personal as the ones would be here.
Keep reviews! Please!

no, mostly vrbo and homeaway. I am not a fan of AirBnB and try to avoid it. Maybe AirBnB is stealing them away - I hadn't thought about that!
Airbnb is growing on me. I think you'll find many from Homeaway also use Airbnb. I think it depends on where you are travelling. I also like to read Airbnb reviews. I'm very selective.
Going to Bellagio Italy and needing to stay a week, it was very difficult to find a reasonable and comfortable place to park myself. But I'm hopeful about the Airbnb accommodation. Lots of good but also specific reviews and a "host" who replies promptly.
Ok, getting side tracked.

I really like your idea of it being RECOMMENDED vacation rentals. I only want to read about places people feel good about. I don't want to relive my own less-than-ideal experiences and I'm so over reading about other peoples' bad experiences/nitpicking/horror stories/revenge reviews. There are lots of places on the web for those. Plus, it makes it much easier to manage, since you don't have to judge the truthiness of the bad reviews.
AGREE ! I can read nit picky revenge reviews on TA.

About bad reviews. There's bad and bad. If a place is noisy, I need to know. It's a deal breaker but the review doesn't need to go on and on. One can say a lively neighborhood. Keep windows shut etc. Others don't mind noise. Or bathrooms a bit tight for a tall person etc. I think it's when we start making judgements that things go awry.
I always find it amusing on TA when people give a neg revie b/c staff weren't friendly. Were they looking to make best friends? But this is a different kind of site.

We love staying in apartments and have had positive experiences in Paris and London. I'll post the Paris review (from 2012): I loved the apartment for the full-on view of the Eiffel Tower. We're staying in apartments in London (July), Sarlat-le-Caneda and Paris (October) this year and I'm sure hoping I have good reviews to post when we get back!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina